To create a global community that values and protects our environment
To sensitize, influence and support communities to protect the natural heritage of the Country and to ensure that natural resources are judiciously utilized for an ecologically sustainable future.
Co-ordinator and Members
The main objective of the Eco club is to develop green consciousness and promote awareness and social responsibility among the undergraduate / post graduate students of the College
Eco Clubs play an important role in creating environmental awareness amongst the future generation.
The activities of the club includes:
- Motivating the students to keep their surroundings green and clean by undertaking plantation of trees.
- Promote ethos of conservation of water by minimizing the use of water. Sensitize the students to minimize the use of plastic bags, not to throw them in public places as they choke drains and sewers, cause water logging and provide breeding ground for mosquitoes.
- Educate students to create awareness amongst public and sanitary workers, so as to stop the indiscriminate burning of waste which causes respiratory diseases.
- Organize tree plantation, awareness programmes on dengue, HIV etc
- Organize workshops based on biodiversity
- Organize Nature Trail in Wild Life Sanctuaries/Parks/Forest areas to know about the Bio-diversity and nature
- The club promotes recycling, composting, organic gardening and efficient use of land
- P.Sathis Kumar
Activities Done by the Eco Club
- Media club
- Kalam Reader club
- Quiz club
- Music Club
- Fine Arts club