Objectives behind National Service Scheme
- To enable the students to understand the community in which they work.
- To understand themselves in relation to their community.
- To identify the needs and problems in the community in the solution of which they can be involved.
- To develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
- To apply their education in finding practical solution to individual and community problems.
- To develop competence required for group living and sharing responsibilities.
- Gain skills in mobilising community participation.
- To acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude.
- To develop capacity to meet emergencies and national disasters.
- To practice national integration.
About the National Service Scheme Activities of Our College
The National Service Scheme Units of our College provide each student with a significant context in which He/She can arrive at a deeper understanding of Social reality in India Today. The National Service Scheme encourages the meaning of the life through service. By the Sprit of Service, The National Service Scheme Volunteers try to attain to the real knowledge of the person and the environment and to a set of values integral to the Indian way of life.
National Service Scheme Programme Officers
Mr.Prabhu - Asst. Professor in Commerce: UNIT-
- Dr.M. Rajee
The activities of NSS are being conducted under two categories:
- Regular Activities:
Regular activities include projects such as campus development, tree plantation women and child welfare, village adoption and its development, work in Awareness Programmes, project related with old aged handicapped and destitutes, project based on observation of Life style of Village People and some public awareness Programme on HIV/AIDS.
- Special Camp Activities:
The National Service Scheme Units organise a 10 days Special camp in different selected villages. Projects are selected according to needs of the rural life. National Service Scheme Units of College have developed a Library for the Students of the Tribal Village School at Maruthamalai. College units have planted trees inside the campus as well as in various schools in the adopted villages.